1. Pür Minerals CC Cream – This all-in-one SPF 40 foundation, primer, color-correcting brightener, clarifying control cream, anti-aging moisturizer has completely changed the game as far as my daily makeup routine is concerned. It’s quick, easy, plant-based, and one of the few CC creams I could find for my dark/deep skin tone. I’ve been wearing this as my “everyday” foundation and now all this Denver sunshine ain’t got nothin’ on me.
2. Perfect Foods Bar – I had a sample of these bars in early February and I’ve had at least one box in my fridge since. It’s REAL food, real fast and the only energy bar that actually can keep me fed for a few hours (one of these plus a fruit or veg is either my breakfast or lunch on most days). Pictured are my favorite flavors: Almond Butter and Fruit & Nut.
3. Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lip Color in Touchable Taupe shade. Even though this lipstick does not meet my non-toxic beauty standards, the shade is the perfect pigment for me and I plan to find a “better-ingrediented” alternative in the future. It also smells exactly like a cabbage patch and I love it.
4. Soybu Passion Tee – With it’s beautifully ruched sleeves + sides, flattering fit, and knotted open back, this tee has rocked my world. It is an extraordinarily designed tee that is the very definition of active fashion and I want one in every color.
5. Owl Mug – Not only is this mug a hoot, it is my new bestie. It is larger than your average mug and I like to cuddle with it while drinking my yerba mate lattes. I also bought this cat surprise mug for my cat-loving husband on Valentine’s Day.
6. Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead - A few years ago at Blissdom, I watched researcher and thought leader Dr. Brené Brown deliver deliver a powerful keynote that dug much deeper than most blog conference keynotes tend to. I’ve also watched her TedTalks on YouTube and appearance on Super Soul Sunday with Oprah. Yet, it was only when I noticed the audiobook version was available via my public library’s Overdrive app that I decided to dive into one of her books. Daring Greatly is full of research-based encouragement to empower readers to courageously embrace their vulnerability and live a wholehearted life. I can honestly say that I am a different person after having listened to this and it has profoundly impacted my relationship with myself and others.
7. Naked Goat Farm Muscle & Vapor Rub - I bought this highly concentrated with menthol crystals and camphor oil rub at the Colorado Fresh Market this summer but I hadn’t really used it until recently (after my pilates, yoga, and strength training classes). It’s incredibly soothing and it wasn’t until I went online to reorder when I realized that it could also be used for chest congestion (which I apply to feet with socks at bedtime–sounds weird but people swear by it and it’s worked for us).
See January 2014 Favorites here.
How to style performance apparel and fashionably transition from studio to street.
Pinterest has become my go-to cure for ‘outfit block’ (aka “I’ve got NOTHING to wear”). I feel like my end result was a hybrid of Dallas’ bling and beauty + Denver’s outdoorsy prep.
Products (and a book) that rocked my world in January 2014.
This outfit is one of my absolute favorites this winter. The long-sleeved top is a bargain I found at Costco (more info below). Longline cardigan was bought a few years ago from Forever 21 (seen here). Granny clutch was a recent purchase from Charming Charlie (video on my birthday when I bought it). Floral printed…
What I wear to work out and a peak at how I’m tweaking my fitness regimen.
Tips and tricks to style your perfect fitness looks no matter what your budget is.
A functional yet fashionable printed legging look + “Get Ready With Me” makeup video.
My reflections on 2013 and some simple fail-proof tips to keep you inspired and motivated in 2014.
You’re invited to join the #RockyMtnRowekamps for a Mile-High Holiday Month in Denver, Colorado; Winona, Minnesota; Fountain City, Wisconsin; and Trempealeau, Wisconsin.
This post is sponsored by Hampton. Being surrounded by family and friends is my absolute favorite part of the holiday season but the task of hosting out of town house guests can get a little stressful and overwhelming. Do you have guests coming to visit you this holiday season? Why not treat them (and you) to…
On Friday, we went to our first holiday party of the season. My outfit had been picked out for weeks (this is extremely rare for me, but from the moment I saw this skirt…) It’s just simple, stylish, elegant, and the perfect statement. Totally easy to style and feel great in. Top – I can’t…