This post may contain affiliate links.
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of hosting an event for JCPenney at Southwest Plaza in Littleton, Colorado. The event was full of fashion, beauty and hair inspiration to get moms all ready to look their best for Mother’s Day.
At the top of every hour, I’d emcee either a fashion show or hair demos with a JCPenney salon stylist.
All the looks from the fashion show were prominently displayed in-store to make it easy for ladies to shop the looks that were featured.
During the hair shows, a JCPenney salon stylist did live demonstrations for some of spring’s hottest hair trends. I loved that all of the hair styles looked really detailed and interesting but only took 5-15 minutes to do. Below, Michelle is modeling a “chain braid” which was created by:
- securing hair a few inches from the base of the neck (near one of your ears) with a rubberband
- sectioning hair into thirds, then braiding each section
- braid those three braids together
- cut the top (original) rubberband off and loosen the braids with your fingers to blend them together naturally in that boho sort of way
There was also a braid station where JCPenney stylists styled looks for attendees.
One of the coolest things (for a Pinterest addict like myself) was the life-size interactive Pinterest board that was based off of JCPenney’s spring Pinterest board.
Here are the JCP outfits that I wore…
JCPenney is a one-stop shop for mom’s with clothes, shoes, accessories, a hair salon and Sephora (!!!) all under one roof. If you were unable to attend last weekend, The Denver Housewife is hosting the same event at Park Meadows on Saturday and Sunday.
Thank you to JCPenney for sponsoring this post.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016