This post may contain affiliate links.
When I heard that Allure magazine (my own personal beauty authority) had a beauty box subscription, I couldn’t subscribe fast enough. I have plenty of experience subscribing and unsubscribing from monthly beauty boxes but remain hopeful that there are boxes out there that could be valuable to me. Let’s unbox and evaluate the August 2015 Allure Beauty Box.
WHAT IT IS >> At least five deluxe-sized product samples handpicked and reviewed by Allure magazine editors in a special edition mini-magazine sent monthly to subscribers
PRICE >> $15 monthly or $165 annually
Here is what I got in my August 2015 Allure Beauty Box:
I did an unboxing video that goes into detail about my first impression of the box and it’s contents. CLICK HERE if the embedded video doesn’t show up in your browser.
Is #theBeautyBox worth it? From a person who loves trying top-rated beauty products it totally was. I also calculated the retail value of the samples (based on full size product prices) and the $15 beauty box is worth $23.58. Here’s a breakdown…
- Malin + Goetz Peppermint Shampoo ($20)
- Nuance Salma Hayek AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Cream ($19.99)
- Bumble & Bumble Grooming Creme ($30)
- Benefit They’re Real Push-Up Liner ($24)
- Allure + Butter London Arm Candy Collection ($30 for four 0.2 oz bottles)
- Eau Thermale Avene Cleanance Gel Cleanser ($20)
If you’d like an Allure Beauty Box of your own subscribe here.