This post may contain affiliate links.
“I have NOTHING TO WEAR!” is something that I’ve found myself saying way too many times when planning an outfit at the last minute. We’ve all been there and so I wanted to share my easiest and most effective outfit planning tip. This is something that works if you’re planning outfits for the week ahead or packing for a trip.
- After I have an idea of what the weather will be like, I figure out just ONE thing that I know I want to wear for sure (“pink shorts”, “silver statement necklace”, “camo skinny jeans”, etc.). In this case, it was my beloved Minnetonka fringe boots.
- Then I search Pinterest for ” (INSERT ITEM) outfit” in this example “fringe boots outfit”
- This normally results in a plethora of outfit idea inspiration–YAY!!!
- I then shop my closet and adapt the outfit according to what I own.
It’s such an easy way to get fresh ideas and learn to style your clothes in ways you wouldn’t have ordinarily thought of.
This is the same outfit I’m wearing in my 2 weeks to my whitest smile post. The necklace can be found here, earrings here, bracelet is my fitbit flex, and the sheer poncho was bought at a festival last year but I’ve linked some very chic options below.
and here are even more sheer poncho options:
What do you do when you “have nothing to wear!”? Do you use this little Pinterest hack as well? Let me know in the comments. Happy outfit planning!
Linking up with What I Wore Wednesday.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016