This post may contain affiliate links.
Time to bust out the red, white, blue, and barbeque to celebrate our great nation! That’s right–it’s 4th of July again and I can’t help but decorate myself from head to toe. Here are a few outfit ideas (things I plan to wear on July third and fourth), patriotic nails, and a simple beauty look to top it off.
To come up with this look, I did what I do when I dress for any holiday and surveyed everything I own that coordinated with the occasion. In this case–red, white, blue, stripes, and sparkles.
What’s more American than cut-offs and Chuck Taylor’s? Probably a lot but work with me here ‘Merica…
On my face, I did my makeup like normal except with shimmery blue liner on my lower lash line (it’s Nicka K New York shimmer eyeliner that I got in my June Ipsy Glam Bag) and I layered a red Tarte lip gloss over Vivid Rose Maybelline lipstick.
I cannot for the life of me remember where those earrings are from but they’re just simple silver hoops.
Fourth of July Outfit Idea #2
Exact same beauty and accessories as “Fourth of July Outfit Idea #1”
Fourth of July Nails
My camera in no way did this nail look justice…glitter is not a good photography subject AT ALL.
- the RED polish is Atom + Eve – a ruby red glitter nail polish
- BLUE is Butler Please (one of my fave shades of all time because it is such a bright, brilliant blue) with Fairy Dust (holographic micro glitter) on top
- WHITE is White Matter topped with Fairy Dust as well
- I used the Formula X system on all of my nails. I did a review on it here and it makes my polish (even non-Formula X polishes) last for at least a week with only tiny chips/cracks.
So there ya go! Fourth of July Valerie Style. I’d love to know what you’ll be wearing and what you thought of these looks. Have a very happy and safe July Fourth holiday weekend!
Here is what my family wore July 4th, 2012.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016