This post may contain affiliate links.
When we moved to Denver, we went from a house with 4 bathrooms to an apartment with 2. In Texas, I had pretty much taken over the massive master bathroom (with all of it’s glorious counter space) for myself. It’s pretty safe to say that I had some adjusting to do in regards to how I store and organize my make-up.
After lots of comtemplation (and watching Alejandra videos), I decided to maximize the little bit of counter space I had to myself for the make-up that I use on a daily basis. The make-up that is more for special occassions (or just not my favorite) is in the cabinet under my sink. Having my daily make-up essentials easily accessible on my counter is a major morning timesaver and makes it that much simpler to “put on my face”.
1. My toothbrush.
2. Clear drawers that make it easy for me to see exactly what is where. My make-up is separated according to the order I use it in my daily beauty routine. The bottom drawer is face make-up (foundation, powder, primer, concealer, etc.). Middle drawer is “cheeky” things (blushes, bronzer, highlight, contour, etc.). Top is eye stuff (mascara, mascara primer, eyeshadow primer, eyelash glue, sharpener, eyeliner, etc.).
3. Serums and eye creams.
c. Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment (sample also from Tarte of Giving set)
4. Eyeshadow Palettes
a. Tarte of Giving eyeshadow palette (limited edition)
b. Tarte Exotic Eyes eyeshadow palette (limited edition)
5. hair tie (Forever 21) that I use when I wash my face
6. The pink organizer that I use for brushes/tools/cotton balls is actually supposed to be a desktop pencil organizer that I found at Target in late summer when they had the Back To College/School dorm stuff.
7. Make-up brushes that I use daily.
8. eyelash curler (Forever 21)
9. cotton balls that I use to remove eye make-up or nail polish.
That’s it! All that stuff fit in my tiny corner with a little bit of creativity. This set-up has probably also saved my marriage because my husband gets irritated (rightfully so) when I overflow to his side. If you like these types of organizational posts and want to see how the rest of my bathroom is organized, let me know in the comments or on social media.
If you’re interested seeing my daily make-up routine, check out my latest ‘Get Ready with Me’ video.
Here is the Alejandra video that helped inspire me to configure my own beauty organization system (her cart idea won’t be an option for me until Rocco is less curious).