This post may contain affiliate links.
Two things that help me feel ah-mazing on the daily are looking stylish + grooving my body. My favorite days are the days that involve a visit to the park, riding my bike, indoor rock climbing, and/or a group class (pilates, yoga, spin, barbell, etc). It wasn’t until I walked into the grand opening of “active fashion” retailer Soybu‘s flagship store that I realized exactly how fashionable my activewear could be.
Obviously, I love styling workout clothes but I hadn’t quite realized the potential for transitioning my fitness style to my everyday life beyond the general “sporty” look. Here are a few tips for styling versatile outfits that will take you from playdate to studio to street without sacrificing style.
1. Figure Flattering Basics – These pieces are as fashionable as they are functional and nobody will even need to know about that run that you plan to sneak in while the kids are at soccer practice. Just throw on with a necklace or scarf + boots or Chuck Taylor’s + a versatile bottom…
2. Versatile Bottoms – Activewear bottoms are now more stylish than ever and come in the form of yoga leggings that look like skinny jeans and designer skorts with hidden inner pockets.
3. Stylish Layers – Add a cozy layer, like this hoodie, to your basic top to amp up your style.
4. Multitasking Dress – This dress is perfect for covering up a swimsuit in summer, layered over yoga clothes, or on it’s own with accessories and wedges.
5. “Must have” Cover-up – A breezy waterfall cardigan is my favorite wardrobe staple because it skims the body beautifully.
All of these pieces would pair well with non-workout shoes like boots, ballet flats, or chic sneakers (and I would encourage you save the running shoes for the actual workout).
Here are a few Soybu pieces that I either purchased or are on my wishlist and if you are in the Denver area, definitely visit their new flagship store located at Cherry Hills Marketplace, 2500 E. Orchard Rd Unit 2500 A, Greenwood Village, Co (next to Trader Joe’s).
Thanks to Mile High Mamas for partnering with Soybu on this promotion and providing me with store credit so I could experience the active fashion for myself. All opinions and views expressed are my own.
Linking up with Fashion Friday (go check out more fun fashion posts)!