This post may contain affiliate links.
Colored tights were a big trend last fall and they are back with even more of a vengeance in fall/winter 2012. Yay! I think tights are so fun because they are an inexpensive way to be on trend, have fun with your wardrobe, and get some extra usage out of short dresses/skirts when the temperatures drop. Here’s a follow-up to my How To Wear Colored Tights post (go read it if you haven’t because there is so much information that is still relevant).
More tips for wearing colored tights:
- Pay attention to color families that work well together like neutral shades, jewel tones, and color blocking.
- Match accessories to your tights.
- Match shoes to your tights to elongate your legs.
- Add a colorful pop to a neutral toned outfit with colored tights.
- Pick out a color from a print or pattern in you clothes and match a pair of tights to it.
- Wear knee (or over the knee) socks in a coordinating shade (above I did this with dark green/kelly green) for and oombre-ish look.
I styled the above looks using H&M super cool Dressing Room tool. I had so much fun creating outfits and it is a great way to practice styling colored tights. The yellow fringe boots are by Minnetonka, everything else is H&M.
Did you like this tutorial? There’s more where that came from in my How To Wear section of Fashion & Style.
What are your personal rules for wearing colored tights? Do you plan to try wearing colored tights this fall/winter? Do you have any fashion/style related questions you want me to address in a post? Let me know in the comments (or email/tweet/facebook me).
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016