Just face it, everything at Nordstrom is better–especially the sales. Tomorrow, July 20, is the first day of my most favorite-ist sale (unless you are a Nordstrom cardholder and got to shop the pre-sale…yaaay you!) the Anniversary Sale when the stuff for the coming season is deeply discounted. This sale is epic for a few reasons which we’ll talk about below but I just wanted to forecast some fashion trends for Fall 2012, highlight my own personal Top
11 12 Anniversary sale wishlist, give you all the dirty details, and fill you in on some tips/tricks to make the most of this epic EPIC sale.
WHO:Nordstrom, the department store that balances luxury and affordability AND they kind of wrote the book on customer satisfaction (in my opinion/experience).
WHAT: New Fall 2012 fashion arrives already on sale across ALL departments at Nordstrom but only for a limited time…
WHEN: July 20 – August 6th when prices go back up (if you possess a Nordstrom credit or debit card then you’ve been shopping since July 11
WHERE: Nordstrom stores, online, their mobile app, and even by phone.
WHY: This kind of goodness only happens ONCE a year and thank goodness that it doesn’t happen at the same time as Tax-Free weekend. I’m not sure of the exact percentage but it’s worth it and what other store goes around putting the latest and greatest stuff on sale like this?! Nordstrom, that’s who.
- Take advantage of the sneak peek catalog (which doesn’t include EVERYTHING that will be on sale in-store and online but it’s a start) and make a wishlist (mine is below) because styles sell out FAST….
- If something does happen to sell out, a store associate can probably order it for you and have it sent to your house (happened to me last year with some little boy shoes).
- FREE standard shipping/FREE returns
- Book an appointment with a Personal Stylist or Beauty Stylist (previous post about that). It’s a service that’s totally free with no obligation but you get expert advice that’ll help you shop smarter during the sale.
1. Color Block skirt (sale $45.50/reg. $69) This skirt is classic yet trendy, majorly figure flattering, and would versatile enough for business/events/parties/church.
2. Steven by Steve Madden boots (sale $189.90/reg $289) they are super stylish, I love the buckle detail, and the wedge makes me think that they’re probably decently comfortable…I’d wear them with leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, and dresses.
3. Skinny Cords (sale $44/reg $68) colorful pants are a spring trend that isn’t going away when the weather cools down. These could be the perfect pop of color to liven up your existing fall wardrobe.
4. Boys’ Ghandi t-shirt (sale $21/reg $34) a graphic tee with a meaningful message for my little dude. It’s as inspiring as it is stylish.
5. Dolman sleeved athletic shirt (sale $44/reg $68) perfect for yoga/travel and those times when you want to look cute and be comfortable (ALWAYS!). There are lots of beautiful sportswear clothes and shoes on sale.
6. Brahmin ‘Hunter’ tote (sale $242.90/reg$265) that gorgeous crocodile embossed leather just SPEAKS to me and it looks like it’s probably large enough for my MacBook and/or iPad and/or kid/baby crap. It’s also exclusive to Nordstrom and comes in a few fabulous colors….
7. Striped Cardigans (sale $45.50/reg $69) I’m obsessed with stripes AND statement cardigans–so yeah. These are perfect for print-mixing or just adding some style to stuff you’ve worn a thousand times already. The fun thing about statement cardigans is that unlike a normal top, you can wear it everyday if you want and it’s perfectly acceptable.
8. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Forever Youth Liberator’ Anniversary Set ($135 but valued at $191). I tried a sample of this back at the Spring 2012 Cosmetics Trend show and it is AMAZING. The technology in this stuff (100 years of research) won SEVEN freaking Nobel Prizes–yeah. Amazing, expensive (yet less expensive than a facelift) and it’s never too early for preventative maintenance. There are many more may-jah beauty bargains/exclusives on sale (like Clairisonic sets….I LOVE my Mia 2 that my mom bought me for Christmas).
9. Sweater Poncho (sale $49.90/reg $69) this would be so perfect to throw on for everyday and especially traveling. Cozy, classic, and cute.
10. Petunia Picklebottom Ergobaby Carrier!!!!! (sale $89.90/reg $145) need I remind you how much I LOVE PPB?! This is the first time I’ve seen this coveted baby carrier on sale and it’s a Nordstrom Exclusive. Babywearing at it’s finest I tell ya. The Sashay Satchel will also be on sale ($109/reg $170)
11. Little Boys’ Adidas (sale $29/reg $45) I love buying my boy shoes almost as much as I love buying myself shoes…almost. There are a whole slew of stylish boy (and girl/womens/mens) shoes on sale. Last year, I anticipated (correctly…with the help of a salesperson) the sizes he’d need through winter and I went to town. oh and….
if you are the mom of a toddler girl, here is why I envy you.sale $49.90/reg $78.95