In my 4+ years of being a mostly-at-home mother, I’ve had the joy of experiencing “kid summer” with my child (now children). We play, camp, hike, splash, craft, swim, vacation, and have adventures–daily. I cherish the time to be free, play hard, and drink sangria at firefly o’clock. With my son having three days of school left until summer, I’ve been thinking about what my “Summer Uniform” will be. I need quick and easy outfits that I can throw on in the mornings before we embark on our day’s adventure.
Most of these items can be found anywhere, the tanks and shorts are the kind that you can stock up on (and not worry about ruining) because they are dirt cheap.
Here’s a Polyvore vision board I made that paints the picture of my Summer Uniform blueprint plus a few things I consider to be Summer Essentials.
Let me break it down for you…
- a floppy hat – to stylishly protect your beautiful face (hang one near the back door and keep one in the car)
- feather earrings – their a fun, bohemian accessory that embody the spirit of “kid summer”
- comfy tanks – throw a colorful bandeau bra or swimsuit top under them because you never know when you’ll get the urge to run through a sprinkler
- shorts – cut offs/boyfriend shorts (but please keep your checks and crack to yourself if you can)
- reusable drink container
- bright nail polish
- cute sandals/flip flops
- cooler tote (aka “beer purse”) for impromptu picnics
I can not wait to share our #100DaysOfSummer with you (probably in up-to-the-minute pictures on instagram–I’m “CharmedValerie” there too)!
Last night we enjoyed our first snow cones.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- Simplified Bedtime Routine for Beauty, Mind & Spirit - February 27, 2015
- Shades of Pink #ootd - February 17, 2015
- A Blardigan + Sorel Glacy Explorer Snow Boots #ootd - February 11, 2015