This post may contain affiliate links.
I had already put lots of time and effort into planning a fun summer for the boys when I started thinking about goals I wanted to accomplish this summer. Summer isn’t JUST about the kids after all. I kept it short, sweet, and do-able (and totally encourage you all to do the same).
- EAT – I’d like to focus (more) on enjoying seasonal goodness. Produce that’s in season in the summer is as beautiful as it is tasty and inexpensive (not to mention exactly what your body craves nutrition-wise). I’d love to explore local Farmer’s Markets with the kids and really get the family involved in the whole experience of eating what’s in season when it’s in season.
- WRITE – I miss the days of keeping an old-fashioned pen/paper journal and want to take time each day to jot down goals, affirmations, doodles, and whathaveyou. I also plan to have my 4 year old to start a journal as well (there a few ideas for preschool/kid journaling on my 100 Days of Summer Pinterest board).
- WATCH – Believe it or not, I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars movies. I’ve become more and more curious about them and the 4 year old is probably at the right age to start enjoying the saga. Frankly, I’m sick and tired of not getting the inside jokes.
- GROW – Thank goodness there is no Humane Society or CPS for plants because I’d be locked up for deaths of many botanical friends. I love plants and flowers but I kind of wish they had a more obvious way of demanding that I take care of them….that sounds bad. I just need to suck it up and set alarms and keep a plant alive for the first time in my life (I was kind of decent at keeping my Venus Flytraps alive but that was mostly thanks to the fact that it fed itself which gave me an entertaining incentive to keep tabs on it every day).
- MOVE – I need to make a conscience effort to make sure I’m moving and grooving my body on a daily basis. i have no issues moving around considering I chase a 4 year old and newly mobile 8 month old but I need to do more dance, yoga, hula-hooping, and things that make me feel awesome (and probably incorporate the kids somehow).
- NEST – I have so many great ideas now thanks to Pinterest and I want to make my house feel more like a home by hanging pictures of people I love, places I have/want to visit and so on.
- STYLE – I have talked about going natural with my hair and I can’t wait to try it this summer…just as soon as I’m done with this weave. As usual, I am forever on a quest to continue to perfect and evolve my personal style.
Do you have any goals for yourself this summer?