Here at charmedvalerie.com, I like to give you lots of things but as I was quoted on momcrunch–tangible products aren’t likely to be one of them. Hopefully the advice, inspiration, tips, and tricks I share will suffice, which brings me to the subject of today’s blog post.
I realize that I can be somewhat of a shopping enabler when that really isn’t my goal at all. I consider myself a clothing enthusiast…meaning that I can enjoy and appreciate clothes without necessarily needing to own them myself. I’m perfectly happy and content knowing that so many avenues of self expression are out there for the taking.
This week when I met up with my bestie at the Galleria for lunch and hanging out, there was no time to shop but I still got to experience shopping euphoria without spending a dime and I’d like to share how you can do the same.
- Treat the mall like a museum or vacation. Enjoy the experience and feast with your eyes. Enjoy the art for what it is because there is art everywhere and it doesn’t all need to go home with you.
- Look for inspiration. Store window displays are my favorite source of inspiration and enable me to create new outfits that I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. What color palettes make you giddy? What combination of pieces would you like to recreate? What items can you rediscover and find new ways to enjoy?
- Seek out expert advice without having to spend money. Malls and shopping centers are full of experts from fashionable people. Ask questions and look for free events
- If you see too much great stuff then make a note or take a picture and if you’re thinking about the next day/week/month go get it….like I intend to with those sparkly booties up there.
- Do other fun things….especially fun things that burn calories like iceskating, laser tag, or whatever other fun stuff there is to do at malls/shopping centers.
What do you like to do when shopping sans cash?
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- 5 Spiritual Teachers Who Will Guide You To Your Best Life - April 15, 2015
- Adventure-Proof Skin Care - April 3, 2015
- 5 Ways to Hack Your Shower Routine - March 27, 2015