This is one of my favorite outfits that I’ve worn in a long long time. Remember way back when I wrote about How To Wear Colored Tights? One of the ways to wear colored tights was underneath distressed jeans with holes in them and boy do I now have the perfect pair for that! So that was the starting point of this outfit, the fact that I wanted to wear colored tights under my holey jeans.
Here’s the outfit. I wore it Monday to take the kids to the mall to play because it was awful outside and for a skin care regimen consult for myself.
The Dallas Galleria is fully stocked with stylish women and daggnabbit–I wanted to be one of them…in a way that would work for me.
These pre-pregnancy jeans actually kind of fit like they’re supposed to now, albeit tightly and with great shapewear (c/o Shapercise) so there’s no muffin-top.
I alternate wearing my hair up and down during the day and I just happened to take these pictures during an “up” messy bun moment.
One of the reasons I like to do this whole daily outfit/what I wore thing is to give you ideas, advice, and inspiration. So, here are some reasons why this outfit works:
- It’s figure flattering to my body shape. Those 3″ (yet extremely comfortable–seriously, I searched “comfort shoes” when I found them) heels paired with the skinny jeans really elongate my legs and slim them out.
- Balanced Proportions – It’s fitted on the bottom and loose up top.
- Color – a few shades of olive green happen throughout the outfit and it looks pretty great amongst the denim and neutrals.
- Accessories – the scarf, earrings, and leather butterfly hair clip dress it up just enough.
- Make-up – I’m wearing Revlon lip butters in Fig Jam and Red Velvet.
I also posted what I wore yesterday (Valentine’s Day).
See what other stylish bloggers are wearing via the What I Wore Wednesday blog carnival at The Pleated Poppy.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- Boyfriend Cardigan Sweater Outfit - December 9, 2015
- The Life-Changing Magic of Getting Rid of Your Stuff - November 7, 2015
- Fur Vest Outfit Ideas - November 5, 2015