This post may contain affiliate links.
**Updated 2012 version What To Wear To The Pumpkin Patch Going to the pumpkin patch in October is one of our favorite fall activities. I loved visiting the pumpkin farm as a kid and enjoy taking my son (and snapping lots and lots of pictures). Here are some tips and inexpensive, stylish options on what to wear that are hayride-proof and will hopefully encourage us moms to get in front of the camera.
Tips on what to wear to the pumpkin patch:
- Dress comfortably and appropriately! You’ll likely be there for a few hours, in lines, wrangling children, climbing into the hayride tractor, in the heat (if you’re in the South) etc. Consider this when planning your outfit. I love skirts as much as the next girl, but the pumpkin patch probably isn’t the best place for them (as a mom).
- Easy on the orange. You don’t wear white to a wedding, let’s give the pumpkins their due respect. I say this more for contrast in photos because nobody will notice that you’re holding a pumpkin if you’re also wearing an orange shirt.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses.
- Keep your hands as free as possible. For pumpkin picking, spare babies, and toddlers that turned down the wagon you offered 😉
- Easy on the perfume. Bees like pumpkin patches too so don’t try to out fragrance the flowers (and wipe down the kiddos after they eat/drink).
Fall Activity Outfits
All pieces are under $30, the purple top is maternity, the green top/gray jeans are plus-size.
I choose henley-style tops because they are lightweight (for those of us in warmer climates) or you could look for a thermal henley if it’s cold. The boots will insure that your toes and ankles are safe from whatever is lurking in that pumpkin farm grass. The hip-slung crossbody bags are perfect for your camera, smartphone, diapers, and any other essentials. The scarf...because scarves are awesome. And a rockin’ cuff bracelet because every outfit needs a “wow” piece.
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016