This post may contain affiliate links.
Don’t you hate it when you’re almost out of lip gloss and you can see more inside the tube but can’t reach it with the applicator wand? Me too. I taught myself this trick back in high school so I could remove the stopper and scrape every last bit of lip gloss off the sides of the bottle. This trick also came in handy on Sunday when my RapidLash (Eyelash Renewal Serum) was almost empty.
Lip gloss stopper?
A rubber lip gloss stopper is that round tube in the opening of your lip gloss, that keeps your applicator from dispensing too much gloss. It also keeps your bottle from leaking lip gloss all over your purse.
Frugal Beauty Makeup Tip Tutorial
1. remove the cap
2. Take the sharp side of a pair of scissors to pop the rubber lip gloss stopper out.
3. Enjoy all of your extra product and don’t forget to get more.
1. Moms – If you have children, make sure they do not witness this because it will give them ideas….the kind of ideas that you don’t want them to have.
2. Only do this when the bottle is almost empty, otherwise you will have a mess to deal with (and a sticky smartphone, keys, etc…)
3. Evict the bottle from your purse and car, it’s new home will be upright on your bathroom counter.
Here’s Michelle Phan with some extra “Lip Gloss Saver” tips:
What did you think about these makeup tips? Have any questions or anything to share? Let me know in the comments!
Latest posts by Valerie Rowekamp (see all)
- a Pandemic, a Podcast & a Place to Staycation in Golden, CO - July 8, 2020
- LIFE UPDATE: Why I’ve been gone for 3-ish years - February 8, 2019
- JCPenney ♥ Pinterest #SoWorthIt Event Recap - April 29, 2016