Want to receive my latest posts in your inbox? Subscribe to Charmed Valerie by Email

The Magic’s in the Makeup

This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

This is my vlog entry into LizzieBTV’s “Get Your Vlog On” Wednesday.

Here I am getting ready for a night out in South Beach with my husband.  Obviously, this is not an everyday thing but I really enjoy getting all glammed up.  I learned most of my techniques for Kevyn Aucoin books and YouTube tutorials.

**Here is a detailed follow-up and resources Valerie’s Beauty Bag + Makeup tips.

Valerie Rowekamp

Valerie Rowekamp desires to live a stylish, soulful, charmed life while inspiring you to do the same. She's exceptionally resourceful, creative, passionate, and has been known to bust a move in the aisle of the grocery store.

Comments

comments

12 Responses to The Magic’s in the Makeup
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by CharmedValerie , CharmedValerie . CharmedValerie said: The Magic’s in the Makeup http://bit.ly/d2b8Ko [...]

2. The Green Wife
    May 18, 2010 | 11:17 am

Stunning! And it makes me want to extend my brush collection. lol

3. admin
    May 18, 2010 | 11:23 am

Thanks! I will be doing a follow-up post about everything. The brushes are Sonia Kashuk for Target (and they’re pretty cheap).

4. Carole
    May 18, 2010 | 1:53 pm

Okay, that was fun to watch!

Only thing missing is a side-by-side before and after shot. (Of course, you can just do what I did and scroll back to the beginning and quickly back to the end….)

Now you’re making me want to go get dolled up…. : )

5. [...] The Magic's in the Makeup | Charmed Valerie [...]

6. Rebecca
    May 19, 2010 | 10:02 am

That was so fun!! :)

Keeley says, “She’s looking beautiful!” <3

7. Bianca
    May 19, 2010 | 12:19 pm

I loved this! What type of curling iron were you using? Thanks for the brush heads up! BTW, you are remarkable to be able to line your eyes with one hand! I need both hands, and even then, the line is NEVER straight. :) *GORGEOUS*

8. Daenel
    May 19, 2010 | 9:12 pm

You’re so pretty! Loved the tip about lip gloss on the brows, I need to try that. I’ve been using eyebrow wax. Hope you had fun!

9. [...] post is a follow-up to The Magic’s in the Make-up vlog that I posted on Tuesday.  Many people asked about products, techniques, etc so I’m [...]

10. Shakiesha
    May 23, 2010 | 8:17 am

Hightlighting and contouring made easy…thanks!

11. LizzieB
    May 26, 2010 | 1:48 am

Shut up – Shuttin up!! Valerie that was soooo freakin’ awesome I loved watching every last second of it!! Okay, so I need to know – did you record all of that with your webcam on your laptop? And you placed your laptop next to your mirro?? And what do you use to edit? I don’t think I’ve used the “fast forward” effect before – it was sooo cool. Girl, when you said you were linking a vlog with no audio I didn’t know what to expect but that was sooo entertaining. I love watching people do their hair and makeup – you are good. And the baby powder all over your face first – I’ve never even heard of that before??? Wow. Thanks soooo much for getting your Vlog on Val… homerun!!!

12. admin
    May 26, 2010 | 2:52 am

Thank you Lizzie! I used my HD flip on a tripod on the bathroom counter in front of the mirror. I used iMovie to edit it. My goal was to in a way show that it’s really all smoke and mirrors and also show the power of different techniques. it feels so good to be able to share my little area of expertise. I just wish I would’ve done a side-by-side shot of the before and after.